Internationally renowned as an architect and designer, winner among others of 8 Compasso d’Oro and prestigious architecture awards including the Medaglia d’Oro conferred on him by the President of the Italian Republic. He has given talks in the greatest centers of culture in the world and was editor of Domus. His work can be found in the Collections of major Art Museums such as MoMA in New York, which dedicated a personal exhibition to him that has 25 works of his in its Permanent Design Collection.
He has had countless exhibitions in his name in Italy and abroad. From the 1980s onwards, he has designed projects such as the Portello Trade Fair quarter in Milan, the Exhibition Centre in Villa Erba on Lake Como, the Tokyo Design Center in Japan, Natuzzi America Headquarters in the USA, the Trade Fair in Essen in Germany, and the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne.
Projects getting under way at present include the new Cultural Centre in Turin which is the only example of its kind of a public library in Italy; and the renovation and restyling of Pinacoteca di Brera in Milan.
Under construction at the moment:
- Paris, the new Museum of Islamic Art in the Louvre (second contemporary architecture project after the 'pyramid' by Pei)
- Frankfurt, the radical restyling of the headquarters of Deutsche Bank
- Verona, the new Verona Forum complex
- Bologna, the new Museum of the City of Bologna
- Genoa, the Science and Technology Park
- Milan, the new Milan Convention Center at the Milan Trade Fair (Portello) which will become the largest in Europe.
Items by designer